WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP.
By composting at your home, you can:
- Improve your garden soil.
- Create your own free mulch.
- Recycle your kitchen and yard scraps, reduce your trash.
- Grow healthier vegetables and plants
- Reduce your carbon emissions, contribute to a greener planet.
If you’d like to help Wind Hill expand its own composting program, please contact us at email@example.com. We would appreciate your help!
Wind Hill Community Farm welcomes our community to join us in farming, gardening, eating healthy local produce and enjoying our beautiful farm. There are opportunities to volunteer on any level in our efforts.
- a farming or gardening task (weeding or harvesting),
- a one-time project,
- the distribution of produce to the food bank truck, or
- assistance with one of our educational programs, chef demonstrations or farm dinners.
We also welcome activists or teachers who would like to organize and run new programs. Please reply to this website, or call our Executive Director Barbara Wagner at 860 989 1909. Thanks!
Weed and W(h)ine!
We have an ongoing group of committed volunteers that meet every Monday evening to work shoulder-to-shoulder on the Farm, then sit down together for appetizers, wine and camaraderie. A committed group, that meets periodically throughout the winter and gets together to start our tomato seedlings in February, we’d love to have you join us. No commitment required and drop ins are always welcome.