Saturday, October 25th, Noon to 3:00 pm
Rain date, Sunday October 26
The Wind Hill Farm Board of Directors wants to invite you to our fall open farm day. We will be serving an Italian-themed luncheon and invite guests to join in other farm activities.
Our luncheon features:
- A demonstration of the preparation and serving of Rome’s favorite fall vegetable, puntarelle. We’ll serve it as our first course along with bruschetta and a variety of organic olive oils.
- A Tuscan-style luncheon with pork chops, eggplant parmesan, and roasted delicata squash. Then we will finish up the meal by hand-cranking our own homemade peach ice cream using, of course, local Glastonbury peaches. If you have room for more, we’ll roasts’mores on our fire pit.
Other fun activities that day:
- Take a Tour of the Farm, including our hoop house and solar-powered well and irrigation system. Play some lawn games. Chat and share stories about gardening highs and lows and the joy of local food.
- Explore the rest of the 125-acre former Minnechaug Dairy Farm with a hike through the woods and hay fields.
- Take a turn with a paint brush to transform our new Adirondack chairs.
Come! Join in the fun! We look forward to seeing you.
Suggested donation: $15/person
RSVP to reserve your tickets: windhillfarmcom@gmail. com
Wind Hill Community Farm & Learning Center, Inc.
is a 501 (c)3 charitable organization